Privacy statement Doula Denise
Doula Denise, established at Van Hogendorpstraat 197-3, 1051CA at Amsterdam, is responsible for processing personal data such as mentioned in this privacy statement.
to: Denise van Eeden
Van Hogendorpstraat 197-3
Personal data that we process
Doula Denise will process your data because you are using our services and/or because you are providing us with your data. We are processing the following data:
- First– and last name,
- Date of birth,
- Telephone number,
- E-mail address,
- Bank account details,
- Other data that you actively provide us with in correspondence with us, over the phone or by setting up an account at this website.
Special and/or sensitive personal data that we process
Doula Denise processes the following of your sensitive personal data:
- religion and or personal beliefs,
- sexual life,
For what purpose and based on what ground we process your personal data
Doula Denise processes your personal data with the following purposes:
- Processing your intake form for a (pregnancy) course or doula support package.
- Processing your payment.
- In order to call or email you when needed in order to provide our services.
- To deliver goods or provide in person services at your place.
- Doula Denise also processes personal data when we are legally bound to do so, such as using data for our tax returns.
Automated decision-making process
Doula Denise does not take decisions based on automated processes about things that can have (considerable) consequences for people. This relates to decisions made by computer programs or systems, without personal (such as a co-worker at Doula Denise) interference.
How long we keep hold of personal data
Doula Denise does not keep your personal records any longer then is strictly required to attain the purpose the data was collected for. We keep the following the storage time to each category of personal data:
- Sensitive data: these records will be removed after the last (postpartum) visit we provide as postpartum or birth doula. This includes data on:
- religion and or personal beliefs,
- sexual life,
- Personal data (part 1): these data will be deleted after the last (postpartum) visit we provide as postpartum or birth doula. This includes data on:
- last name,
- date of birth,
- telephone number,
- bank account details,
- other data that you actively provide us with in correspondence with us, over the phone or by setting up an account at this website.
- Personal data (part 2): these records will be kept for a maximum of 7 years and will be used by Doula Denise with the company for management, the birth calendar and as base for company statistics. Appropriate organizational and technical means will be used, such as password restriction on folders. The data can also be used for external publications, but only after anonymization. This includes records on:
- first name,
- baby’s first name,
- baby’s gender,
- baby’s date of birth,
- e-mail address,
- brief summary of the birth.
Sharing personal data with third parties
Doula Denise does not sell your personal data to third parties and will only provide information if this is needed to hold up to the agreement you signed with us or to fulfill legal requirements. With the companies that process your data in our order, we sign a processor agreement to ensure the same level of confidentiality of your data. Doula Denise remains responsible for processing of the data.
Cookies or compatible techniques, that we use
Doula Denise only uses technical, functional and non-(privacy) invasive analytical cookies. A cookie is a small text file that will be stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone when you first visit our website. The cookies we use are necessary for the technical functions of our website and for your convenience. They make sure the website works properly and keeps track of your website preference. This also allows us to optimize the website. You can switch off this function by setting a non-cookie storage preference on your internet browser. Besides that you can also delete all information that was placed earlier through the settings of your browser.
Access, adapting or removing personal data
You have a right to view, correct or remove personal data. You are also entitled to withdraw your permission for us to process your data or to object to Doula Denise processing your data. You are also entitled to object to data transfers. To do so you can file a request to us to send our computer files to you, or a person or organization you choose.
You can file a request for accessing, correcting or removing, transferring your data or withdraw of your permission to process personal data to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be certain this request is done by you, we ask to send a copy of your id along with the request. Do however, to protect your privacy, make your photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, with number at the bottom of the passport) passport number and citizen service number black. We will respond as promptly as we can, but certainly within four weeks, to your request.
Doula Denise also want to point out that you have the option to file a complaint at the national supervisor, the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens. you can do this with the following link:
How we protect personal data
Doula Denise takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted publicity and unauthorized changes. Therefore the data on the hard drive of Doula Denise are protected by FileVault. Files with personal data are also protected by placing them in a folder that requires an additional password.
If you feel that your data is not properly protected or have indications of misuse, please contact Doula Denise via email@example.com.
 FileVault (FileVault 2) uses XTS-AES-128-coding with a 256-bits code to avoid unauthorized access to information on the harddrive.